Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Logo Concepts for Jesse Billauer's new clothing line

About a week ago, my brother-in-law, Mike Cox was browsing around facebook and saw a post from Jesse Billauer, saying he was looking for a logo and clothing designer for his new clothing line. (For those of you who don't know who Jesse is, DEFINITELY check out his bio here because his life story is incredible; Pro surfer at 17 years of age, suffered a complete spinal cord injury after hitting a shallow sandbar, leaving him a quadriplegic, and is now a motivational speaker and founder of Life Rolls On- non-profit foundation dedicated to raise awareness about spinal cord injuries.... yeah, pretty amazing, to say the least!!) After Mike called me up to let me know about Jesse's post, I emailed him no more than a minute after I found his site and read his story. I definitely wanted to help out!

He got back to me right away, and after a totally refreshing conversation with him, I got to work on his new logo within the hour; Jesse told me he wants his new clothing line to not just be directed at surfers but towards athletic, outdoorsy people, both guys and girls... and wants it to have a totally unique and just rad feel to it. I was pretty excited when I heard that because anything athletic is right up my alley. And on top of that, knowing that it would be for an inspiring guy like him, I was totally excited to see what I could cook up for him. So, here's what I came up with:





So we'll see what comes of these. Thoughts and comments are welcome, as always!

Another point I wanted to mention in this post... Jesse also said he's interested in seeing just a ton of people's ideas and that he's open to just about anything... that for him, it's not about limiting his new line to one certain look, but it's about encouraging all kinds of ideas and creativity and seeing what different people have to offer through art. Again, pretty amazing, to say the least... especially from a designer's point of view!!! :) So if anyone is interested in coming up with some designs for Jesse's new line, send me your contact info (email me at sarah@huddydesign.com).

Lastly, big thanks to Mike for passing along the info- I always appreciate a recommendation! :)

1 comment:

transfigure said...

I think that the third option speaks most to his background and target market without being heavy-handed (like a literal image of waves would be). The mark can stand on its own on a clothing label or a logoed product. The only thing is that the type is so small that it's tough to read at many sizes. Easily remedied.