Sunday, November 16, 2008

There is no such thing as a boring project. There are only boring executions. -Irene Etzkorn

Val!

Not sure if I told you this or not already, but remember how you wrote out all of those letters for me so that I could use them as a model/my inspiration to create my own font? Yeah, well, our project guidelines turned out to be pretty lame and I wasn't able to use them. Instead, I had to find a stupid picture of something with shapes that inspired me, and create a font that absolutely no one will ever want to use. There are people in class who are going off of pictures of high heels, chairs with odd shapes, office supplies like a freakin stapler, or paperclips, scissors....... whatever. Everyone's font looks like a cartoon instead of a clean, nicely designed typeface. Anyway. That's what happened, and I'm sorry I couldn't use it.

I just finished up my first draft (FINALLY) and still have some major edits to make, but I just thought I'd show you what I've been working on. We had to lay out our font with 4 letters per line, then include the picture our font was inspired by along with what we've named it. Hope you like it sister!!

1 comment:

theusual said...

Nicely done. My favorite is the k ;)